- Information Covered by This Policy
- Information We Collect
- How We Use This Information
- Your Choices & Access to Your Information
- Cookies, Web Beacons and other Technologies
- Information Sharing
- User Generated Content
- Information Security
- California Privacy Rights
- Children's Online Privacy
- Contact Us
Information Covered by This Policy
Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow you to be identified.
Some Nakoma Products programs may contain links to non-Nakoma Products sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those sites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly; information we collect about you when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements; and information we collect about you from other sources (where permitted by law).
Information we collect directly from you:
- Name, email address, postal address.
- Username and password.
- Phone number or mobile number.
- Date of birth.
- Other information about you and your family such as gender or product use preferences and/or behaviors.
- Demographic information.
- Payment information (such as a credit card).
- Future communication preferences
Contact information for friends you may wish us to contact. When you provide us information for these refer a friend messages, we use the information only to send the message you request
Information we collect when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements:
- Your browser type and operating system.
- Web pages you view.
- Links you click.
- IP address.
- Site you visited before coming to our site.
- Nakoma Products emails you open and/or forward
- Nakoma Products offers or links you connect to via emails.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources.
- Name, postal address.
- Income level.
- Marital status and number of children.
- Your interests such as hobbies and pets.
- Consumer and market research data.
- Purchase behavior.
- Publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, Internet postings, user generated content, and in-store shopping behavior.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop products and services that better meet your needs.
How We Use This Information
To provide offers, products and services. We use the information we collect to provide the products and services you request, to tell you about other products and services offered by Nakoma Products, and to manage our sites and services.
The following are ways we may use the information we collect about you:
- Send samples, premiums, products and information.
- Develop new products and services.
- Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers you request.
- To provide you with other services that we have offered to you
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Where permitted by law, provide you with customized, unsolicited offers and information about Nakoma Products’ products and services through postal mail.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests.
- Analyze the use of our products, services, and sites.
- Understand how you arrived at our site.
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
Your Choices & Access to Your Information
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
Digital / Electronic Communications (examples: email, mobile).
We only send you promotional mobile or email messages if you explicitly ask to receive these (you opt in).
You can stop receiving promotional mobile and email messages from a particular Nakoma Products brand by following the instructions provided in any such message you receive from that brand.
Where permitted by law, we may mail you unsolicited offers or product information that we believe is of interest to you.
You can stop receiving promotional postal mail from a particular Nakoma Products brand or group. Promotional postal mail may contain opt out instructions, and you can stop receiving promotional postal mail from a particular Nakoma Products brand by following those instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to stop receiving promotional messages from us, we will honor your request. However, we will continue to send you service related communications and we may need to keep the information we have collected about you for record keeping, analysis or other reasons, to the extent permitted by law.
Cookies, Web Beacons and other Technologies
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information in this manner by declining cookies as described above.
Other Technologies. Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you follow:
- Web Session Variables. Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons. Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on our sites. You have the option not to install these components.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers outside of Nakoma Products. We share your personal information only as described below and within Nakoma Products.
In general, we do not share personal information with marketers outside of Nakoma Products unless we have clearly asked for and obtained your explicit consent.
Third-party service providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. Please note that we provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform their services and we do not authorize these third-parties, including suppliers, to use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email and mobile messages.
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, to send more targeted communications to you.
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services and sites.
In addition, where permitted by law, we may also rely on a service provider to:
- Perform other services that we request.
We provide these companies with the personal information they need to provide these services on our behalf. We do not authorize these companies to use your personal information for any other purpose.
Other situations. We may disclose your personal information:
- If a Nakoma Products brand is sold or transferred to another company.
- Where permitted by law, to protect and defend the rights and property of Nakoma Products (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- And when required by law, and/or public authorities.
- We do not sell personal information
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated information that cannot identify you for general business analysis. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to Nakoma Products sites or services.
User Generated Content
We are committed to keeping personal information secure. We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for a reasonably needed amount of time.
When we provide your personal information to our third party service providers we require those companies to protect the information and to not use the information for any other purpose.
When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared your information.
Children's Online Privacy
If you are under the age of 13 please do not provide Nakoma Products with personal information of any kind whatsoever. If you know of anyone under the age of 13 who has provided us with personal information please contact us immediately and we will delete the information from our records.
We strongly believe that there is a need to provide added protection for children online. Parents and guardians are encouraged to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity.
We do not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 13 online. This web site is not intended for children under the age of 13 and this web site has not been designed in a manner that would attract children to use the site.
While Nakoma Products does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 13 you should know that U.S. sites that collect information from children under the age of 13 are covered by a privacy statement that meets the requirements of the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact Nakoma Products directly.
We can be reached at
Nakoma Products LLC
One Landmark Square, 18th Floor
Stamford, CT 06901
Or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Privacy Question” in the subject line.
Effective: July 1, 2009